Assist Clients with Medication
After completing the course, learners will be able to:
- ensure they have the authority to proceed to assist a client with their medication
- prepare the client for assistance after identifying the level and type of physical assistance or supervision required
- assist and support the administration of a wide range of different types of medications
- understand some of the ways medications are classified
- identify lines of authority, accountability and actions to be taken to handle contingencies
- complete the documentation associated with the administration of medication, and
- implement hygiene and duty of care procedures when addressing the needs of the client.
This course delivers training in the theoretical component of the competency:
- CHCCS305C Assist Clients with Medication.
This unit is an elective competency that can be offered as part of obtaining a Certificate III through to Advanced Diploma level qualification within the CHC08 Community Services Training Package.
A pre-requisite for this competency is successful completion of:
- HLTAP301B Recognise healthy body systems in a health care context.
Assessment of competency
To receive a nationally accredited outcome you must also successfully complete an assessment of competency with a Registered Training Organisation (RTO) who is able to issue this unit of competency within their Scope of Registration.
This will need to occur after you have completed this course.
The course has been designed to provide training for care and support workers in residential aged care, home and community setting.
$35 per user (excl. GST) for 1-30 users
A Velpic account is required to view this lesson.