Occupational Violence in Healthcare
This course will provide an understanding of:
- the nature of occupational violence, or OV, in healthcare settings, including prevalence, scope and cost
- the associated legal and policy frameworks concerning OV in healthcare settings
- steps you can take to prepare for and prevent incidents of OV, including the environment-situational-patient (ESP) risk assessment framework
- the assault cycle
- steps you can take to manage a person progressing through each phase of the assault cycle
- things you can do to help manage violent individuals, and
- the key responsibilities of employees and employers in the event of an OV incident.
This course is suitable for professionals who work in health care in Australia.
$35 per user (excl. GST) for 1-30 users
A Velpic account is required to view this lesson.