Safe Medication Management
Following completion of this course, you should be able to:
- Understand your responsibilities regarding safe medication administration
- Identify key risk points and risk reduction strategies in the medication administration process, and
- Demonstrate accuracy when calculating drug dosages and intravenous flow rates.
This course will provide:
- Definitions of key terms
- An overview of your professional, organisational and legal responsibilities when administering medications
- An overview of key risk points in the medication administration process
- Strategies for reducing the risk of medication errors, and
- Examples and explanations of how to calculate medication doses and intravenous (IV) drip rates.
The course is designed for registered nurses whose scope of practice includes medication administration.
$35 per user (excl. GST) for 1-30 users
A Velpic account is required to view this lesson.